Thursday, July 03, 2014

I was at a souvenir shop looking at the mugs and cups.
My friend, M was very eager to buy a set to be given away as a present.
"That's the last one. It's very popular."
I turned around to see a middle-aged lady dressed in quite an eccentric fashion.
Her lips seem to move awkwardly as she spoke with a bit of stammer.
"If I were to buy this, what box will it come with?" asked my friend.
As the sales assistant went to the back to get the box, my friend whispered, "She always claim the item you are interested in, IS the very last one."
I smiled.
At the check out counter, I noticed that the sales assistant was very careful in packing the items.
As my friend paid for the wrapping paper, the sales assistant was visibly disappointed to find out that my friend would rather wrap the gift herself.
"It'll be very fast!", she tried to persuade my friend.
"Oh, don't deprive my friend of her pleasure in wrapping gifts!", I said, in my weak attempt to comfort the sales assistant.

The moment we walked out of the shop, I asked my friend, "You come here so often, what do you think her disability is?"
"I don't know," she flatly answered, giving no room for further queries.
Still, I'm glad to have witnessed this special lady at work.
Her enthusiasm in her work puts me to shame.

View similar older post here.

No comments: