Friday, June 27, 2014


My summary;
-We tend to believe that some illness are better than others, I suspect that we tend to equate our own experiences with others, so when we hear about someone with major depression, it's easy to say that well, you know I've had my bad days too so I know how it's like.
But it's like comparing a paper cut to an amputation.

-In US, primary care doctors prescribe far more psychotropic drugs than psychiatrists.

-Talk therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy are far more superior than medication.

-We need to believe that these are illnesses, nothing more, nothing less.
We have to stop judging people and bring back together the mind and body and treat the person as whole.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.- John F. Kennedy"
-Jump into the discomfort of thought, challenge your assumptions of mental illness and addictions.

No comments: