Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Roman philosopher Cicero wrote
“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.”
I have found that those who are most unhappy in life seem to be the ones who feel entitled to more than they have.
I am reminded of a saying I heard years ago “you’ve heard of the man who cried and cried because he had no shoes, until he saw the man who had no feet.”
If our blessings are relative, so gratitude should be.

Taken from mitchellsjourney

LC was flipping the Home Deco magazine.
She asked, "Don't you ever wish your home could look like this?"
I answered, "Yes, I try not to feed this envious feeling. I'd make myself feel sad knowing it will not happen. So, instead, I remind myself that I should be grateful that I can see this magazine pages, being able to admire such beautiful designs."
LC - a devout Buddhist understood my meaning immediately.
We talk about philosophy often, hence I gave such answer.
I would have just nodded if it was any other people who had asked.

In a different scene, Mn asked if I'm ok.
She must have seen my wandering eyes.
"I have this condition for life.* I will never be ok. 
But it's ok."

No comments: