Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A lot of acquaintance who suffer my similar predicament confided in me that they can't stand browsing their Facebook accounts.
Knowing that their ex-classmates and friends/ acquaintances are busy living a productive and fun life just adds salt to their pain.
I can understand the feeling but I very quickly, almost instantaneously recognise that feeling as jealousy.
And it's wrong.
It's normal as we're all human, but it's also wrong.

I remember sharing this pain with my counsellor years ago. 
She asked, "How does that make you feel?" - the standard counsellor response.
I answered, "They worked hard, obviously they deserve to be where they are. I guess this pain in internally inflicted, that's why it hurts even more."
"What I'm trying to say is, I blame myself and yet, I know I've done nothing wrong.
Why didn't I fight harder? Why did I allow myself to be victimised?
The guilt is killing me inside."

Back to present.
Why this post?
I was browsing my Facebook.
I saw photos of my ex-classmate who was very close in proximity with the instructor whom I'm currently having a crush on.
What a small world.
The photos were taken on the same year I was on my 3rd relapse.
13 years ago, we were doing the exact same thing.
Now, look how different things have turned out for us.

On a different note, I bought a slice of birthday cake for LC.
She was really surprised that I remembered.
I'm glad I did.
=)

No comments: