Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pay it forward...

First of all, I wish I had taken a photo to illustrate this event...
I was in queue at the highway toll, but the line was not moving.
I was 3-4 cars away and I could see that the 1st car in line was having difficulty.
The 2nd car driver got out of his car and paid for the 1st car using this 'Touch N Go' card.
However, when it was his turn, this good Samaritan's card was rejected.
I suspect that the machine refuse to recognize his transaction due to the abnormality of payment order.
As the booth was solely for 'Touch N Go' payment only, this driver was going to have a hard time reversing his car.
It was easier for my car to move into the next booth, because I was farther away.
After I 'beeped' my payment, I drove to the side, parallel to the booth as not to obstruct oncoming traffic and ran back to the Samaritan's booth and 'beeped' his payment with my card.
That booth didn't reject my card as my car's payment was from a different booth.

Just as I was getting back into my car, the Samaritan waved.
I waved back.
It feels good to be alive.

No comments: