Sunday, March 17, 2013

It was Friday and we were spending beyond our usual lunch budget at a classy Italian restaurant. (classy for us, at least)
I was humming the famous local Hokkien song, the part where
 na si wa uh cit pah barn, wa beh ce puey kee
wa beh eu seh kai, e-ta-li lim ko pi
lo pee ciak speh-geh-ti (lo pee ciak speh-geh-ti)
“if I had a million dollars, I’d travel to Italy to taste the spaghetti”.

I mentioned to my colleagues that it’s a sweet, ambitious dream to build on.
We went on talking about the famous Elizabeth Gilbert’s - Eat, Pray , Love ; and how we could follow her footsteps.
Quit our jobs, blow all our savings on travel, yet need not worry because we'd write a best-seller book and get someone as famous as Julia Roberts to play us, and we all can retire in our Hollywood homes.
Hahaha. Sweet dream, alright…
On a more serious note, what is Life without a passionate, deviant desire burning in us?

 *Smiling to myself* "Quizás, Quizás, Quizás"? "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" ?

No comments: