Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When I heard that one of my friends from the support group was admitted to the hospital, I had the immediate intention of visiting her. However, I did get a bit nervous as it was the same hospital that I was in five years ago.
Even as I entered the parking area, I felt all the bad memories gushing to my head.
I began to recall the anxiety and emotional turmoil which I had during my last few visits.
My mind must have been quite a mess back then because I can’t recall how to get to the ward. My confused face was rather conspicuous that a doctor even stopped his stride and asked me where I wanted to go.

I hesitated and stammered, “Psychiatry”
As I was reaching the ward, the nerves got even more agitated as nothing looked familiar at all.
Indeed, I was very ill back then.
I found my friend and I was very much relieved.
Then, good memories began to pour in.


-end of part one

No comments: