Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Part Two.

My friend’s condition wasn’t as bad as I had feared.
We chatted and laughed.
We even made effort to chat with other patients, though they were futile attempts as most of them weren’t lucid.
As I stayed on with her, I began to share my own experience at the ward with her.
I’m glad I did, because I thought I had forgotten most of it.
I was surprised that I could remember so many colourful characters whom I got to know in that ward. Despite the circumstances, I did have some good memories there.

Unlike the present situation, I remember the place to be very lively, especially the common area where the male and female patients interacted.
We had cardgames, boardgames, and people chatting non-stop!
I remember sharing a lot of laughter there

During my 3 hours visit, I related at least 10 patients’ stories to my friend.
I candidly told her about their brief background stories or the stories about my encounter with them.
It wasn’t dark at all, but entertaining.

Or perhaps I dare describe the stories as entertaining, knowing that it’s all in the past now.

No comments: