Thursday, September 02, 2010

I've always thought that it's my own fault that I'm 'friend-less'.
I had believed that I deserved to be left alone as I was 'inconvenient' to many people around me.

Then, I read this quote from "SHOOT THE DAMN DOG" by Sally Brampton.
###########
Yet,after I left the psychiatric unit, he was bewildered to be met by tears and anger at his absence. 'But I thought that was what I was supposed to do,'he said, himself in tears.'I thought I was supposed to leave you alone.'
Why? In which other illness are we supposed to leave people alone?
This is an aside, I know, but it may be important for anyone who does not know what to do when a friend or loved one is in a mental hospital. Go and visit them, unless they are too ill to see people or have expressly said that they don't want visitors. The nursing staff will tell you if that is the case. Send them something, whether it is love, flowers or a card. Let them know that you care, and that they matter. Don't wait to be asked. The depressive is in no state to make that sort of demand. They scarcely know their own mind.###########

1 comment:

麦士欧乐 Max ORE said...

No one deserves to be alone because no man is an island. You act an angel to visit those patients in mental hospital.