Wednesday, January 16, 2008

There are a certain context in my life which only my sis can understand; because we were brought up in the same condition.

A few days ago, she shared a story with me.
Testimony about her stay with our aunts (mom's sis) in Penang.

"You know, they always praise me. Making me feel like the best person to do this and that... When I help out, they say I work too hard. Even the simple tasks I do , they'd make me feel like I've done an exceptionally good job."

I wasn't there to witness but I can really picture the scenario.
I was with my aunts before.
Yes, they are nothing like my mother.
I immediately thought of this...

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.

No comments: