Monday, December 03, 2007

Have you ever realised that you might have forgotten a huge part of yourself?

I was clearing some of the stuff hidden under my bed, when I came across an exercise book (the type you buy for 60 cents).
I saw that I had written the title "Books I've Read"

I flipped through the pages and saw the myriad of my own handwritings.
Like all humans, my handwriting vary according to my mood and timeline of my life.

According to my own documentation, I'm impressed that I had read a lot consistently for a period of time.
For each book I've read, I've documented the author's name, words I didn't know the meaning and the best part - fascinating quotes I retrived from the books.

Yes. This is one part of me which I really did almost forget.

************************
Storyteller's Creed by Robert Fulghum

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
That myth is more potent than history.
That dreams are more powerful than facts.
That hope always triumphs over experience.
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death.

1 comment:

Elisha said...

I think i forget huge parts of myself ALL the time. I have rather selective memory.