Tuesday, December 18, 2007

First time dining at TGIF.
The restaurant was conducting a training session and I had the utmost good fortune to be acquainted with one of the marketing staff.
As I entered the restaurant, all the staff were super friendly and kept giving me 100volt smiles while greeting me.
I felt so uncomfortable.
Even more uncomfortable that I had felt uncomfortable.
I was asking myself, why ? Am I more used to rudeness?
It was too frightening to linger on this question.

We proceeded and make our orders.
We sat right opposite the speaker and with the excitement from the people around,it was quite difficult to hear myself.
I wanted to say that the prices are quite expensive.
"Wah, the price is quite... *suddenly the music stopped and the people didn't feel the need to speak* EXPENSIVE"
-yes, you've seen this part of the comedy on telly before.
It's much funnier when it happens to yourself in REAL life.

The mud-something-chocolate, or chocolate-mud-something or something chocolate mud dessert was really heavy. Both sis and I couldn't finish it, as hard as we were trying not to waste.
Sis said, "I'm done, but I will continue to move my fork around the plate, pretending that I'm still eating - to support your effort in not wasting food."

Such a witty remark that prompt me to take this photo to illustrate the situation.






Time came to pay the bill.
This was the money used during that occasion.
We even waited for the waiter to return with the receipt- which really was unnecessary, but we thought, aww.. let's play the part professionally...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mienn....i so missed all the fun eh! ..no pic of you and friendly marketing staff?...heh heh heh