Friday, May 18, 2007

I chatted with a friend whom I got to know in the psychiatric ward. He was one of the rare ones who I saw a glimpse of hope for the mental sufferers.

He had spent almost 3 /4 of his lifetime in and out of the ward.
Unsurprisingly, our common topics were only limited to our personal devastating experience as well as our encounters with other patients in the ward.

My memory was so bad that I could only grip a shadow of his testimonial, recalling the people we met together in that awful place.

I felt very intrigued and also saddened by those patients’ stories that this quote came to mind.


“We so love all new and unusual things that we even derive a secret pleasure from the saddest and most tragic events, both because of their novelty and because of the natural malignity that exists within us.”
- Madeleine de Souvre, marquise de Sable, French aristocrat

*so, should we be surprised that that Australian-made online game based on the Cho-SeunHui role playing is a hit?

No comments: