Tuesday, April 26, 2016


Excerpts from the Life in the lens, By N. RAMA LOHAN

“ADULTS are outdated children,” said Dr Seuss. 
“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children,” professed Nelson Mandela. 
“Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see,” insisted former US President John F. Kennedy.

“I believe that a child is innocent, true, with a beautiful light in their soul – they are our future,” says Kiran Kreer.
... 
“Knowing that millions of children live in poverty, hunger, and in the dark with no proper homes, keeps me going till today.”
A lot of us stand accused of viewing the world through rose- tinted glasses, and turning a blind eye to injustice around us, yet Kiran hasn’t lost faith in the human race’s sense of solicitude.

“I think that every simple act of compassion makes life worth living and fighting for. I hope that my photographs will someday change people’s perspective in creating awareness about life and humanity. It would mean the world to me even if a single photograph or story makes an impact or inspires someone,” he says

...“I do what makes me happy first, and I live one day at a time. I guess, photographically- speaking, I have earned an identity from what I capture, and my storytelling and reflections of humanity define who I am.”

...“Stop being materialistic ... forget your status and labels. Leave your comfort zone and venture into something unknown, and find your true self first. Stop making excuses for yourself.

“I hear so many of my friends saying ‘ I wish I could do what you do’. I say, ‘ Go do it, don’t just wish it’. Rest assured, the life that you are looking for will gradually appear like you are seeing it for the very first time.”

No comments: