Friday, November 13, 2015

I love this game called , "The Werewolves".
On the Diwali holiday, I played this with my church friends and I got the 'Guard' card.
My role was to choose a person to protect each night round.
My choice is purely random as I wouldn't know who is chosen victim by the Werewolves.

First night, I protected myself.
When day time came, true enough no one died.
Second night, I protected the lady who is known to have the strongest intuition in this game.
Her intuition is so accurate that she always 'killed' first by the werewolves every time we play.

As the game continued, I kept 'guarding' people whom I thought to have power cards, or 'stronger' players.
I mistakenly neglected the villagers.
It is very silly of me because we can only win if the villagers outlive the werewolves.
Players with power cards, - witch, prophet, guard, cupid, elder don't count.
However, power card players have better chances in identifying the werewolves.

I had busied myself strategising that many of the villagers in the game had been killed by the werewolves.
Thankfully, there was one villager left before we finally snuffed out the last remaining werewolf.
When the game ended, I reflected on myself.
I held on to my biased opinion too strongly, and had talked too much.
I became emotional when people didn't agree with me.
I didn't listen and observe.

Had I been more still, I would have picked up more clues and detected more lies.
So metaphorically applying this to my life, I focus so much trying to figure things out, that I neglect the simplest and most important aspect.

I need to
Be Still.

No comments: