Monday, November 09, 2015

I am insecure.
Very insecure.
I seek validation all the time.
There is an elder in church whom I respect very much.
Her opinion means a lot to me.
But my perception of her is changing.

Case One.
Someone was sharing a story about a youth who ran away from home.
Before we could even get to the details of her family, the elder quickly pointed out,
"The girl must be problematic."
I was stunned.
She didn't even consider a possibility of abuse?

Case Two.
During a sharing, she said,
"You know why the patients at the mental ward can't stop moving about? It is the sin that is making them restless."
OMG.
My facial expression was enough for her intuitive husband to signal her not to continue with that opinion.

It is time I trust myself.
It is time I validate myself.

No comments: