Thursday, November 05, 2015

4 days after my interview, blood-red fingernailed HR lady called me.
I was required to go for a pre-employment medical check up.
This is good news.
It isn't a job offer, but it certainly sounds promising enough.

As I walked into the doctor's room, I had a sudden prompting.
I wanted to tell the truth.
And so I did.

Unsurprisingly, HR lady called the next day.
I was to give a detailed doctor's report.
Off I went to the hospital to see the psychiatrist.
I was very lucky to see two conscientious doctors.
The first, gave me a number (one can't see a doctor without prior appointment),
the second, advocated for me to his superior that he can write a note that states my current stable state.
Though he couldn't convince his superior to turn a blind eye from the tiresome bureaucratic wait of 1-2 months for the official letter, I am very grateful to him.

What's left to do?
I wrote a letter attaching all supportive documents to prove my efforts to the HR.
2 days later, she called to ask me to go back to the initial doctor whom I went to for the pre-employment check up.
" I think they don't know what to do, so they just pass the bucket to me," said the sympathetic doctor.
In the end, he called the HR and wrote me a note to pass to them.
I don't know what had transpired nor what he wrote.

During this entire journey, I have been asking myself, "What am I doing?"
"Do I really want this?"
"Why did I tell the truth, when the stigma is still so strong?"

When I sat at the doctor's bench waiting, I prayed.
"Dear Lord, I don't know what I want. I don't know what I can handle.
I ask that I face whatever that presented to me with serenity.
I ask for nothing else.
Serenity is my only greatest wish."

No comments: