Monday, May 25, 2015

Things are quite tense in the house.
I decided to take a walk.
At the guard house exit, I met the guard, whom I habitually address as 'uncle'.
He gave me a box of KFC.
(A lot of people give food to this uncle)
Although I was full, I decided to take it, knowing that I will be seeing the homeless old man at the eatery.
On my way, I met the thin old man .
I instinctively decided to give him instead.
"Uncle, this is for you. It's chicken" I said in my limited Hokkien.
(I pray to God my Hokkien pronunciation is understandable)
He felt the box without looking at it.
That was when I confirmed my suspicion.
This man is indeed blind.

I watched him struggle on with his journey on foot with the help of his walking stick.
Shame and sorrow twisted my heart inwards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you probably made his day