Monday, May 25, 2015

A few weeks ago, I was running after a bus which had already stopped at the bus stand.
I was about 20 metres away and had feared that it might go off without me.
An old lady noticed me, and boarded the bus.
Her action delayed the bus, hence I was in time to board it too.
When I met her in the bus, she told me that this bus wasn't her first choice.
This bus which we are in would require her to walk a longer distance to her destination.
She was waiting for another more ideal bus number.
But she saw me running, so she wanted to help.
I was so touched.
I thanked her profusely.

Today, I saw her again at the bus stand.
I asked her about her destination.
Indeed, she had to walk quite a bit when she boarded the bus for me the last time.
I continued asking about where she live and her work.
I learnt that,
she is a seamstress who lives in 5 mins-walk away from the bus stand.
She wished her apartment had a balcony because she doesn't like to hang her clothes to dry at the walkway grills.
She is 70-years-old but working because she enjoys how time past more quickly when she is occupied.
She spoke to me in mixed English, Mandarin and Hokkien because my Hokkien was unbearable to her ears. (hahaha...this is my own deduction)

I'm very happy to have met her acquaintance.

No comments: