Thursday, February 19, 2015


My colleague told me a story about a very old man who used to be a parking ticket vendor back before the local city council started the prepaid parking ticket system.
Now that the system has changed, this old man has to find other means of income.
He tried collecting recyclables, but somehow it didn't work out for him.
And he would approach my colleague, as she used to see him every working day to pay him for her parking back in those days.
Hence, she'd know his difficulties.
"I know that he'd only approach me for money when he is truly desperate. Once, I voluntarily wanted to give him some money but he declined. He told me that he has a job. But that was many months ago. I can really feel his difficulty riding the rickshaw. He is so thin and old, I believe most tourist would be hesitant to approach him."

All I could do for him is to say a prayer.

No comments: