Monday, February 11, 2008

My father is 65, and currently he is working as a cashier at a Chinese coffeeshop.
The job is rather simple but hours are long and the place is rather hot.
And at his age, with his diabetes and other illness, holding this job is a challenge.
Moreover, he has never held a permanent job since he was 45.
If you calculate, therefore I have no memories of a working father.

Since 1997, finance has been hard in our family.
So basically, his savings were almost dried up.
He was very sad for many years till he got this job.
I really saw a different side of him.

I asked, “What is the best part of this job?”
He answered, “It gave me a sense of purpose.”

1 comment:

Elisha said...

A sense of purpose is what's really important i feel. I often feel like i am headed no where. A sense of purpose equates to a reason to live.