Thursday, September 07, 2006

an inspiration

I've had this blog-post in mind for months but didn't dare to put it down for fear that the 'hero' of my story might read it.

Now, being so sure that he won't, YIPPEE!!! Ahem, here goes....

The morale of the story is - Never judge a book by its cover NOR underestimates a person's potential/capability.

During my stint at the bookstore, an experienced staff (Z) had guided me a lot. I'm just amazed at his capability of remembering titles of books and names of various authors. Man! He's like the walking Amazon search engine for the entire bookstore.

The bookstore has many rules about arranging the books.. and I'm not kidding about the descriptive "MANY", it's like to the extent of 'redundant' and 'leceh'... anyway, this guy - He is the bomb! He always manages to comply ALL rules. That's why he's put the key role.

This is the funniest part. He doesn't look the part at all. Matter of fact, if you are in need of assistance and even if you see HIM standing by, you'd think twice about asking him for Márquez or Lauren Weisberger or some Nyonya recipe book author. But his first impression will fool you,(I was) because just name it! He can take you automatically to the, and I mean, THE book itself.

(Z) = if you ARE reading this, no offense k? Please concentrate on the good part. Damn! i really do regret telling you about this blog.


How does he do it? It's simple actually.
He has the INTEREST and PRIDE in his work.

Seeing him work, just makes me wanna open a little bookstore myself.
What an inspiration..............................

No comments: