Monday, July 17, 2006

Badminton

Just came back from a badminton game.
It's really great to have known so many absolute strangers who are now my friends/acquaintances.
I don't know which category to put them under.
We're not close because all we do is just hit the shuttle to each other over the net and yet at the same time they have given me so much joy.

Although we live in the same materialistically-demanding world, they have many times helped me mentally-escape from the 'real' world for the precious few minutes of game.

During those few minutes, everyone is equal.
Only your badminton skill determines who YOU are.

As simple as it sounds, I also see the naked truth about myself.
I can't ignore my flaws in the game, both technical and emotional.

Just as how I hope to improve my badminton skill,
I also hope to better improve myself as a whole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah didnt know badminton can be so 'enlightning'! hehe glad to know ur enjoying urself.
gurl, lets meet up one of these days for a movie maybe? leme know whn ur free kie, i'll be away this friday till sunday.