Tuesday, October 27, 2015

On my first week of work, my ex-colleagues came by to say hi at the bookstore, I was really touched.
I was feeling a bit awkward at that time because I was surprised by this kind gesture.
I think my eyes reddened a bit when I waved goodbye because I thought our relationship was mundanely professional and I had never expected such sentimental and thoughtful gesture by them.
I think they might have detected my eyes.

A few weeks later, they came again.
This time, I was already used to their gestures hence, atmosphere was more jovial.
When we said our goodbyes, one of them hugged me and encouraged me with the common Chinese phrase,
"Jiayou 加油"
This time, it was her eyes which had reddened.

I meant to write this post right after the incident with the classy bookstore owner. (The bookstore being classy, not the owner)
These incidents made me wonder, is my current position so depressing that people feel sorry for me?
Perhaps from an outsider's perspective.

What I know now is, the darkness hasn't visited me since I've worked here.
Not once.
Occasionally faint shadows, but that has always been around.
Believe me, that is pure bliss.

No comments: