Monday, October 12, 2015

I went to a public talk.
I am still feeling quite smitten over the Academician-Lawyer-Activist speaker.

His books were on sale.
I bumped into the bookstore owner who had organized the talk.
I have never liked him.
His personality is too flamboyant and pungent for my nerves.
I don't think I'm in his good books either.
He had this to say when he found out that I'm working in another bookstore.
"If you were that desperate, you should have come to work for me !"

Seriously.
Coming from a former academician in Political Science and a current active editor, and a classy bookstore owner, I would have expected more elegance in the choice of words.
Sarcasm, insensitivity, I can take.
I guess I had an unrealistic view of a local bookstore owner.

The bookstore however, IS very classy.
I absolutely love it.
It really does have a personality.
Good thing it wasn't the owner's.

No comments: