Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I was granted a job interview last month, for the Reporter post in the nation's leading English paper.
When I was preparing myself for the appointment, I can't help but be reminded that I'm 10 years late.
Had things been normal for me, I would have gone for a similar interview,...10 years ago.
Before I sunk deeper into self-pity, I got physically ill just a day before interview.
I suspected it was food-poisoning, with Dengue-fever like symptoms.
I called and email-ed and even forwarded a notice from my doctor.
When I didn't receive any reply, I thought that the door was closed on me.
Although I wasn't harping too much hope on the job, I can't help but feel disappointed that I had missed out such an important appointment.

3 days ago, the HR emailed me, informing me about a slot available as their MD wish to meet me.
Immediately I agreed.
And immediately I questioned myself, "What am I doing? Am I up for it? How can I hold a stressful job of a reporter? I need to sleep on time everyday as part of my self-care. But I need a job with more income..etc.."
After a series of shit happening, good news seem so unfamiliar.
I tried not to think about it.
Not thinking also meant that I didn't prepare for it.

The interview was yesterday.
The HR manager was really unfriendly.
Her blood-red long fingernails alone were intimidating enough.
She questioned my incomplete and not updated application.
Big companies are very thoroughly detail-oriented, of course.
Yikes, she's right. What am I doing?
Am I self-sabotaging again?

So, I entered the room for my 3.5 hours exam.
It was a very nostalgic experience.
It has been more than 10 years since I've taken exams that exceeded 2 hours.
The format of the exam is very similar to the ones during my Sixth Form.

I scored above average , y'all !!
I can't remember the last time when I had been associated with anything 'above average' !
I'm so happy !

I shared the news with my old colleagues.
They're happy for me, but also like myself, wondered how am I going to cope with the lifestyle.
Honestly, my self-sabatoging negative self hopes that the HR don't contact me anymore.

Let my story being interviewed for a job at the paper end here.
Let my story end with me scoring well on the test-paper.
Above average well.
The end.

No comments: