Monday, December 29, 2014



KOTA BARU: When the deadly tsunami struck Penang in 2004, survivor Tan Poh Choo (pic) lost all her four children.

“It is something that will always stay in my mind,” she said teary-eyed when recalling the incident on Boxing Day that year.

Since the disaster, Tan said she had not been able to move on and always felt depressed.

“Every day, all I could think of is my children. However, after looking at the flood victims in Kelantan, I am inspired to help them,” she told The Star after distributing aid at SMK Kubang Kerian 2 here yesterday.

She said the memory of her children was her main inspiration, adding that her humanitarian activities had turned her life around.

“It has helped me move on and I keep myself busy by helping others. I hope that the lives of the flood victims will return to normal,” she said.

Tan was among the hundreds of volunteers under the Buddhist Tzu-Chi Foundation who distributed humanitarian assistance at several relief centres across Kelantan.

1 comment:

John said...

What an inspiring story of a very brave and kind person.