Thursday, August 07, 2014

Scene One
I was chatting with SW at the corridor as our favourite place, the staff lounge, was closed for an event.
Just then, Cc appeared with both hands carrying various things.
She saw how delighted we were to see her but she didn't slow down her pace, "Busy busy busy. Talk to you another time." Her tone was as monotonous as her hurried footsteps.
Both SW and I smiled at her amusingly, waving our hands, as our heads slowly turned, catching the last glimpse of her before she disappeared at the corner.
"She's so cute," Both of us came to agree.

Scene Two
I patiently taught the autistic student how to use the photocopy machine.
Bless that child.
That girl from Malacca can't read emotions and neither does she possess the ability to be irritated nor offended.
In this two years I've known her, the only time I saw her 'not smiling' was when she misplaced her things.

Scene Three
"Why do you look so upset?" "Nobody is ever upset to resign from this place. What? You're going to miss all the stress and working through the holidays?", I teased LC.
LC gave a defeated smile.
"I'm going to miss the people here."
I smiled too.

Scene Four
I gossiped excitedly with my colleague about a talented Communications Lecturer.
Both of us admire her tremendously as she seems to be playing a real life TV character.
Humourous, very likable, pretty and she possesses a Doctorate in her field.
"Oxford? No way!" My colleague went on Facebook to check out her equally TV star-material looking husband.
I was quite occupied but I couldn't stop talking, to the extent I continued typing on the keyboard while chatting with her.

Scene Five
A friend who also works in the building came by to say hi. She updated me on her baby who had recently said his first word, "Bird."
I've always liked her. I love how genuine she is.
I love how her smiles reassures me that "it's not all that bad."

Scene Six
I was at the cashier paying for my groceries.
As the cashier was about to scan my favourite snack, bite-size white chocolate oats wafers, he commented to his colleague that this snack is absolutely delicious.
I smiled at him.
Immediately I tore off the packaging and gave him two of those wafers, "Here, we can share."
He smiled back, "Thanks, Ma'am".

Last Scene
My last scene that I'm sharing here is actually the first scene of my day.
The morning.
The scene where the Darkness is at its strongest, while I'm at my weakest.
My deepest sorrow,fear,shame and guilt torment me to hide in my corner.

I must remember that the above scenes are my achievements of the day,
simply because I got up.
Oh, I went to gym after work.


No comments: