Tuesday, April 23, 2013



I met a lot of new runner friends.
They were all very laid back.
Hanging out with them made my overly anxious my personality stood out too much.
This outing was overflowing with positive energy.

It gave me the same feeling as my inaugural run in 2011.

I really can be better.
I want to do better.


I really like what was written by - Mark Remy of Runner's World

I was angry, so I went for a run. And things got better.
I was confused, so I went for a run. And things got better.
I was exhausted, so I went for a run. And things got better. 
I was lost, unsure, empty, afraid. Certain that whatever was left of my sanity had snapped, had come untethered and floated away, to a place so high and remote that I would never see it again, and that even if I did, I wouldn't recognize it. So I went for a run. And things got better. 
I felt like things could not possibly get worse, so I went for a run. And things got better. 
(Another time, I felt like things could not get much better. I went for a run. Things got much better.) 
After enough miles, over enough runs and enough years, I realized: No matter what, no matter when, or where, or why, I can find my shoes and go for a run and things will get better. 
And that realization? Just knowing that? It made things better.

1 comment:

Elirus said...

They say we should step out of our comfort zone. Girl, you certainly are running your way out if it. Great job!