Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I have a hopeful depression"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10013906/Archbishop-of-Canterburys-daughter-My-battle-with-depression.htmlThe Archbishop of Canterbury's daughter Katharine Welby, 26, said she often found herself consumed by a “black veil of nothing” and in her darkest moments could see “no hope in the world” and cannot stop herself from crying.
Miss Welby said she had come to understand that God loves her regardless of her state of mind and circumstances. She cited the despair felt by Job and by Jesus pleading with God in the garden of Gethsemane as biblical examples of the struggle with depression.
She said: “I have a hopeful depression. I am unafraid of my illness, I know that at times it will be unbearable, but I know in it all I am not alone. I look forward to the time when this hope is shared by the Church and all those in it suffering quietly and in fear of what their friends would say.”

No comments: