Friday, February 08, 2013

Colleague (M), who is also a friend, was feeling rather stressed out and made impromptu plans for a karaoke session among people from the workplace.
I felt rather honoured that I was among the invited.

It was fun.
It feels nice to sing with other non-judgemental and shameless *wink* people in a private room.
For 3 hours, we were in a world of our own - free to goof around , wanna-be's talents, drama queens...etc.
I really enjoyed myself.

That was 3 days ago and I'm still singing some of the songs.
I'm actually 'practising' to be better, preparing myself, should there be another karaoke session.

This is a huge milestone.
Depressed people don't sing.
Believe me, I have not sang a very long time.

4 comments:

Elirus said...

You are right about that! Depressed people have a tendency of not being able to 'let go' and just 'be'. That makes singing (especially infront of or even with people) rather stress inducing and difficult. Cherish these goofy moments with your pals karaokeing and be sure to plan future sessions :) Don't let go of a good thing :p hugs!

cendolic said...

we should got together sometime...

Unknown said...

Yesss. i got to this conclusion a while ago, singing is awesome, i grew up in a very serious environment and singing really helps me to just take it down a notch :)

nemo said...

Way to go!!! Glad you went and let your hair down!