Tuesday, January 29, 2013

There’s a colleague whom I’ve known for more than two years.
We've only talk about work and remain quite awkward with anything else.
I've always hoped we can be friendlier.
Last week, he gave me an unexpected souvenir from his last outing and I was very surprised.
I looked at it and was actually speechless.
I'm just socially inept that way.
My mind was, “what IS this? Why is he giving me this?”
Before I could blurt out my gratitude, we were interrupted.
Oddly, I couldn't bring myself to go to him and say, “Hey, thanks for that…err thing you got me.”
Hopelessly social retard = Me.

Today, very Unlike his usual quite demeanour  he actually prompted, “Hey, new dress?”
My eyes remained on the computer screen and just look at my skirt and emotionalessly blurted, “It’s actually a skirt.”
‘’Oh…” he said and walked away.
Then I realized, --- “Duh!”- ala Homer Simpson
Sigh..
Way to go… *slap forehead, shaking head…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write really well :) felt like I was reading a chick flick! Love the inner monologue :p

cendolic said...

Thanks! Do drop by more often =)