Monday, September 10, 2012

Went for the annual Adidas King of The Road run in Sunway Pyramid.
I was so lucky to have found someone to go with me because driving there all alone at 4.30am, ( to find parking and beat the jam) is just too scary for me.
Given the current crime rate.
I ran for the 16.8km category which took me about 2 hours 10 mins.
My legs are killing me at the moment, but I feel very pleased with myself nevertheless. =)
This uncle is 'Da Man'!!
I noticed him after 3km and I followed his pace all the way...
Just when I thought I am ahead of him, he'd overtake me by surprise !
So, I sort of ran 'with' him all the way till the finishing line.
However, at the last 600m, he 'powered' up.
I was like, -- "are you kidding me?"
Alas, he was ahead of me for about 100m at the finish line.
The crowd roared ecstatically, cheering for him.
I met him at the finisher medal collection counter, and I couldn't resist approaching him.
I shook him hand and told him that he had been my motivator all the way through.
In Cantonese, he told me that he's 73 and has been running for 30 years, and asked if I'm going for the Penang Bridge run.
Turns out, we both signed up for the same category.
Hope to see him again !

1 comment:

nemo said...

"Like! " Glad you made through this run! :)