Friday, September 07, 2012

As I was lying on bed, preparing myself mentally to fall asleep, my mind wandered off to many things .. (a common bad habit)
Suddenly, I thought of an old classmate.
Let's call him Danny.
He used to be a very popular guy when we were in Form 1 (aged 13).
All the gals (including me) fancied him.
He was good looking, charming, smart ... etc..

But things changed drastically the next year.
His grades fell badly, along with his behaviour.
He was put into a 'bad' class.
He got into a lot of trouble.
There was even an incident where he was publicly punished during assembly when we were in Form 5.

My studies were severely affected when I was in Form 4 - that's when my depression was starting to take over.
A teacher even pulled me aside to ask if I was facing any personal problems.
She was very upset with my paper.
"I couldn't believe this when I saw the name on the paper!", pointing the low marks printed on it.
I couldn't provide her a satisfactory answer, as I didn't even understand what I was going through myself.

I now wonder how Danny is doing.
I hope he has somewhat ... coped.

No comments: