Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Due to my illness, I have terrible low self-esteem.
Most of the time, I try not to have eye contact with people who are difficult.
And sometimes, people tend to misconstrue this facial expression of mine.

I deal with a lot of students at my work.
About 35% of them are rude and irreverent.
Yesterday, I had one of that sort asking if I had seen his pen drive, which he had forgotten to retrieve from the computer last night.
I was on duty last night and nobody reported anything to the counter.
I asked the co-worker on morning shift, and she too said the same thing.

The brash student then left the counter with a sour face without a word of gratitude.
Today he came again with the same rude approach.
I looked at the counter drawer again and said, “No.”
He looked at me accusingly and said, “If I ever find a pen drive here, I would never return it!” and abruptly left without giving me a chance to respond.

I was of course furious.
I thought, “How presumptuous of him to judge the honesty of the staff!”

However, my co-worker who witnessed the whole incident didn’t think so.
She said, “Nah, he’s just angry that he lost his stuff. You’re over analysing it”

Is it true?

1 comment:

Blue Eyed Daffodil said...

Maybe you are over-analysing it, but I agree with you. In a way the student was questioning your honesty. But this is entirely their problem, not yours. Thanks for posting xxx