Thursday, February 24, 2011

Backdated post - written on McD's promotional paper - 18.02.11

I've forgotten so much about myself.
I have forgotten my desires and ambitions.

My boat has been rocking so bad that I've forgotten my intended destination.
I was too busy rowing the boat, patching the leaks, battling with bad weather that I had allowed my boat wandered off aimlessly.

Perhaps there were times that I knew where I wanted to go.
But more often than not, I had just followed other boats without even consulting the compass in my own hand.
I didn't trust my own compass.
But I trusted other's people's direction as I had always thought it's the safest.
I depended upon other people.

When they reached their destinations, only then I realised I either don't suit the place or that I'm not welcomed.

Now when I finally muster the courage to trust my own compass,
it's broken.
And I'm both injured and tired to row my boat.
But I still have to bear hope.

Like the movie Castaway, "You'll never know what the next tide may bring in."

No comments: