Wednesday, February 16, 2011


As I was having a meal in a local coffeeshop, I was approached by a lady in her 40s, asking for donation. I am well aware of the charity syndycates but then, she showed me a very convincing receipt book- it looked rather genuine.
Something in my gut tells me she's not a con.
So, I donated Rm10.
If I didn't have a little doubt in me, I would have donated more.

The minute I was in front of a computer, I Googled the place.
I found this.

I feel so sorry that, I, like most people, have turned very sceptical to our surroundings.
Just a few days ago, we were reminded by the local dailies that such syndicate exists.
The victim swore never to help anyone again.

The people who trick other people's kindness for a quick buck is actually robbing the money from the real charity cases.
These shameless thieves hide their conscience thinking they're merely taking the 'extra money' from people who can 'afford' to lose some.
I wonder if these conmen/women are aware that they're robbing the virtues and values from the society itself.
They are making people more jaded and indifferent towards the needs and sufferings of others.
They are stealing KINDNESS, TRUST and GENEROSITY that may never be replaced nor found again. Is that not unlike of the Devil himself?
Perhaps one day, when they are lying half-dead on the street, gasping for help and instead of helping, the people just look at them - only then they might realise what damage they've caused .

No comments: