Tuesday, October 09, 2007

An old college mate invited me out for a drink.
She seriously wanted a career change and only God knows why she thought I could assist her in this area.
Anyway, back to my story.
I told her what I’ve been doing since we last met.

It was a good time, really.
It was like a recap for the year.
Let’s just say the meet-up gave me something to write about.

I realized that the short stint at the advertising was truly a blessing.
I was so consumed over the loss of it that I didn’t really count my blessings that I got it at the first place.
I began to recall how I felt the night before I left for Bangkok.
How I felt
• during the journey to the airport,
• when I had breakfast while waiting excitedly for other colleagues to arrive,
• when the plane took off,
• when I tried a few Thai phrases with a very handsome flight attendant,
• when I jumped on the bed in the hotel room,
• when I watched with bewildered amusement at the Thai tv channels,
• as I watched my colleagues performed on stage,
• writing at 2am on the dressing table in the hotel room,
• at the conference table, observing all the geniuses doing their work,
• when Mejar had tried so hard to include me in all their group work and not let me look like a fool (believe me, this requires real hard work),
• when I was in the midst of the silliest joke told in the week.

Of course, there are some unpleasant incidents which I must learn from as well.
But overall, it was good.

I ask the good Lord this, “What’s next?”

No comments: