Saturday, January 28, 2006

Small Kind


I've always been respectfully amused by kind gestures made by strangers, people you meet on the street.

Scenario 1 = Yesterday, in Giant, as I waiting in line at the cashier counter, a nice Indian man in front of me ripped off the angpow packets from his Julie's tin biscuit and threw it into my basket, without saying anything.
It took me awhile to realised that he's giving them to ME.
#Thank you, sangat cantik# ---was all I could muster.

Scenario 2 = I was in a boutique were they only sell XS size women wear. I couldn't even pretend to be hopeful so I just sat and the corner while waiting for my sis to look around. I didn't realised that I might have misled some shoppers until....

A cute toddler caught me smiling at him and came up to me and say
"You want?" thrusting his bun (bought from bread story) to me.
I was utterly shocked and amused.
"No, no,no...errr..Thanks"
"You want the other one?" pointing at his brother's bun.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.................
Then his father came and hastily ushered him away from me.

Lesson to learn= wear nicer clothes and never sit on the floor of a fancy boutique. But then again, if i didn't, i wouldn't have had the luxury of meeting this God-sent angelic boy.... sigh, I won't be able to look at buns from bread story without recalling this incident ever again.

2 comments:

Kahani said...

Hey Hun! It's cool you've started blogging too. Hopefully you'll be more frequent than I am. =P

sg_rayboy said...

Gal, Lessons to learn....

Lesson 1: Always sit on the floor of the guy's department..who knows an angel might walk straight at you....

Lesson 2: If lesson 1 does not work, try this most famous rule that most beauty queens use...the "Bend and Snap Method". If you have not heard of this method, I suggest you should invest in Legally Blonde 1 VCD.

PS. I didnt know your life got so much interesting since the last time we met.