Friday, September 11, 2020

I wasn't careful last week.
I allowed myself to spiral down again.
I feel like an unrepentant addict.
My last fall was in June, less than 3 months ago.
I missed 8 days of work.
This can't do.
My job will be affected.

As usual, I was suicidal.
I came across Leslie Cheung's funeral Youtube video while browsing.
I cried when I saw so many people went to pay their respects.
Devotion by his fans and friends of the entertainment industry was obvious.
All that love, fame and fortune couldn't save him.
His last words, "I have never harmed anyone in my life, why this suffering?"
I cried.
*****************
Two days ago : My housemate tilted her head, hesitating to speak. She looked slightly scared of the words she was about to speak. Her expression worried me.
"Are you ok? Are you sick?" she asked.
" You scared me, you look like there's a ghost behind me!" I replied.
I tried to brighten up the conversation by changing the subject.
Her expression made it clearer what a mess I'm in.

And again, I got better.
It's when I begin to care about the taste in food again, when the dirt on the floor becomes unbearable, and when I laugh again.
You'll never forget your first laugh after a depression drought.
And then, the desire to write comes.
That's when I know.
Mulan was also another unexpected good movie.
When employed correctly, 4 ounces can move 1000 pounds. -Mulan
Some say the phoenix is consumed by flame and emerges again.
There is no courage without fear. -Zhou
The Farewell : A moving story about how fearful the family was of letting the Grandma know that the doctor diagnose that she has only 3 months to live. The ending was a surprise to me. 
The Grandma character whom it was based on, continued to live till this day, 6 years after the diagnosis.

No comments: