Monday, December 26, 2016


Christmas at Batu Ferringhi BnB

Cosme McMoon : I am a serious pianist. I have ambitions.
St Clair Bayfield: Oh, you think I didn't have ambitions? I was a good actor. But I was never to be a great actor. It was very very hard to admit that to myself. But once I had, I felt free of the tyranny of ambition. I started to live.
Is not ours a happy world, Cosme? Do we not have fun?
Cosme McMoon: Please, Mr. Bayfield.
St Clair Bayfield: You see we have to help her, because without loyalty there’s nothing.
Cosme McMoon: We’ll be murdered out there!
St Clair Bayfield: And you think I’m not aware of that? For twenty-five years I’ve kept the mockers and scoffers at bay. I’m very well aware of what they might do, but Florence has been my life, I love her, and I think you love her too. Hm? Singing at Carnegie Hall is her dream and I’m going to give it to her. The only question now is whether you will stand by your patron and friend in her hour of need, or whether you will focus on your ambition?
[Cosme doesn’t reply]
St Clair Bayfield: Please, Cosme. Will you play for your friend?


From the movie Florence Foster Jenkins.

No comments: