Thursday, July 14, 2016

When dealt with a hand of bad cards, many of us don't expect to 'win' the game, but we play the best we can.
Losing as little as possible, making the opponent win as little as possible, is considered a form of victory too, in many competitive games.
Hence, there is one painful fact that I must admit.
Though I have been dealt a set of really bad playing cards, I have played the 'game' really badly.
Many people get bad cards, even worse, horrific cards.
A majority of people do, we see it everyday in the news.
Eg, everyday we read about the refugees risking their lives to cross the border for the unknown.
The warrior spirit in them pushes for them to do the best they can.
They do what they can for the day, fueled only with courage and hope, and perhaps even desperation.
They really put me to shame.

These unemployment days have given me time to retrospect myself.
I have played the 'game' really badly.
Having a set of bad cards is still no excuse.
Bad decisions, one after another.
I let the darkness 'win' so many times.
Repetitive mistakes.
The shame is inevitable.
It's not self-pity, more like self-exam.
And the results is undeniable.
I know it's not my fault that I have this terrible disease, but I really could have played my cards better.
My employability chances will diminish as I age .
I really must do better.
I've got to keep on trying.
It's the only way.

Below is a photo I got from FB that illustrates someone who is playing her cards really well. Too bad I have no idea what's her name.


Copy and paste of previous online chats. -
Me : I really feel stagnant. Not that I want to feel sorry for myself... but things does seem futile for me.. I really hope to find that little corner on this earth where I don't feel this useless.
Friend : I'm proud u tried. It's huge!
And u gotta keep on trying. That's the only way to go
Me : it's kinda comforting that i'm surrounded by ppl who continue to have my back, despite my poor track record . It's because of my church friend and housemate that I have these 2 job interviews, at first i was hesitant.... but now kinda desperate... i have no other interview invites..
Friend: I've told u this before and I'd say it again... Its bcoz ppl are not done with u,  so u gotta keep trying too, k: Yeah also gotta be practical,  get a job and stay at it. Following through is the most important but hardest part.

No comments: