Wednesday, July 29, 2015

In the midst of one of our many thought-provoking conversations, LJ chipped,
"We see things clearer as third parties. Like yourself, you can't see how intelligent you are.
See ! You don't believe me, do you ?"
LJ has encouraged me many times to better myself.

Today, a good friend M advised me to look for job soon.
Urgently soon.
I told her I'm still struggling to get up from bed.
And that I'm trying to control my emotions and not think about my pending unemployment.

She read my lamentation as inaction.
She thought I had not began my search, or not being proactive enough.

When all was cleared out, she sheepishly apologise, fearing that I might misread her concern as intrusion.
Not at all.
I read it all as genuine care and concern from a friend.
And that's priceless.

It means a lot that some people around me feel that I'm worthy,
especially when I am struggling with my self-worth.
They can envision me having and doing better things.

How unfortunate that I can't see any of that,  at the moment.

No comments: