Monday, June 08, 2015

""I met this man last week near Plaza Singapura. He asked me if I had money for food, so I gave him the 4 dollars that I had in my wallet. He became super animated and hugged me and thanked me in whatever little way he could speak because he couldn't speak that much.

At the very same moment, an Aunty came by trying to sell tissues. I'd unfortunately given up all my cash to the uncle, so I told her I could go to the ATM and withdraw some but she said it was fine, she was just tired of selling tissues all day because some people didn't even respond to her, and she was grateful that I at least tried. I felt bad and apologized, and told her I would buy some the next time I saw her.

When I was leaving, out of the corner of the eye, I saw the man giving her the 4 dollars that I'd given to him - and when she thanked him and tried to offer him some tissues, he just waved her off and went away whistling to himself.""


No comments: