Friday, January 17, 2014

Me = What are you reading?
LC = *quiet...(put the book down)
Me = You don't mind if I take a look, do you? *(I took the book )
      = Whoah... !

LC was reading her notes on English vocabulary and grammar.
LC went to an independent Chinese school, hence, her Chinese is far more superior than her English.
However, as I've always mentioned to her, her English is definitely better than my Chinese.
I'm really in awe of her desire and discipline for self-improvement.
This reminds me of another incident.

A big group of us were having lunch.
I was trying the make out the Chinese words in the menu.
I was surprised that KerL and Mi can't read Chinese either.
"You went to Malay school like myself? Wow, you speak Mandarin so fluently! So much better than me!"

Gosh, we really need to continuously acquire skills to be competitive in the job market.
Competition aside, learning should be a life long passion.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi 

A lazy bump like me really has a lot of catching up to do.

No comments: