Monday, September 30, 2013

Things-we-appreciate-about-running

"I love the sound of my breathing when I've found my stride. Everything is better when you really breathe." - Quish Turner

 "The thing I love most about running is that you can start at any stage of life. It's not how fast you are or how far you go that makes you a runner. It's all about the journey." - Jessica Rubin Cohen of Found the Marbles 

"The thing I appreciate most about running is that it's a race for and against myself and nobody else. For so long, just a quarter mile seemed impossible. When I finally ran that distance, I stopped and cried. No 10K, half-marathon, or triathlon since has been as emotional as that first accomplishment (but I do always cry at the finish lines!)" - Katy Widrick

 "No matter how I feel before I run, I always feel better after. If I'm tired, I feel energized. If I'm in a bad mood, I feel harmonious. If I feel sick or have a headache, I feel healthy and strong. And if I already feel pretty good before my run, I feel amazing when I'm done." - Debbie Woodruff of Live from LaQuinta 

"Running is always there for me no matter what life throws my way. I run when I'm happy and content, but I also run when I'm feeling sad or angry. It's the cheapest form of therapy there is, and I know that no matter how long I go without it, running will still be there welcoming me back with open arms!" - Jana Thompson Antil of Happy Wife Healthy Life

"I figure out most of my toughest problems or decisions while on a run!" - Erin Chamberlin of Running Tall 

"Running gives me the chance to enjoy the beauty of the world around me that I so often miss in my day to day life." - Suzi Fevens of Confessions of a Fitness Instructor

 "Running is simple. One foot in front of the other. Doesn't have to be fast. It's a mind, heart, and foot connection that make us move forward with thanksgiving." - Lindsay Cotter of Cotter Crunch

No comments: