Saturday, June 08, 2013

18.10.2005
I will never forget this date.
The day I drove myself to the psychiatric clinic.
Today, I was reminded of this date.

I met the girl whom I was giving tuition to during that period of time.
I was supposed to teach her that day but I was unexpectedly warded.
I vividly recall the imagery memory of calling her mother from the ward itself.

She's now very much older.
She's uncomfortable with me and don't know how to respond each time I greet her - we live on the same street.
Poor girl.

During 2005-2006, I was going through a nightmare.
There was a few weeks where I was actually screaming at home - I was out of control.
Now I know that I was wrongly diagnosed and treated, and I was reacting badly to the medication.

Well, I now hope that at least each time she sees me jog by she'd know I'm actually quite harmless.
As I continued jogging, I realised that I'm more jaded towards how my neighbours might view me.
I used to be very afraid to be seen by the neighbours as there are many gossip-mongering housewives.
Now, I really don't care.
I have ran passed the gossiping housewives pack leader many times while distinctively avoiding eye-contact with her.
She's a real bitch.
She had even once asked me how I had lost weight, in a very friendly BFF manner.
Yuck.
She really disgust me.

I am just glad that I had chosen to run than to hide.

1 comment:

Elirus said...

Bravo.. Just surround yourself among people that honestly care. Keep it up! Wonderful job you are doing.