Tuesday, July 05, 2011

More from the Q&A ,

"Seeing happy people can be scary sometimes for me.
I remember being very panicky and overly anxious just before entering the exam hall,years ago.
But the students around me were joking and laughing.
It was a very scary situation for me because I was wondering, why am I not feeling like them at all? instead, I felt as if I was going to the slaughterhouse.
Seeing how other people celebrate their lives is very scary for me.
I must be clear here to emphasize that the feeling is NOT envy.
I feel scared because I can't feel the same joy that they're feeling.
The sight of happy people constantly reminds me that I'm not normal (or in the medical term, not healthy)."

1 comment:

Elisha said...

I think for me it's a bit of envy and a bit of fear seeing other people being happy. It makes me feel rather sad. I really ought to learn how to feel joy.