Sunday, January 23, 2011

Each time I see the chubby young man who lives approximately 10 houses away, he would flash me his 100 megawatt smile.
His smiles are very sincere, just like a child's.
Not those 'marketing' 'advertising' type.
And he'd look at you so gratefully as if you had saved his life or something.

During the first time he did that, I thought he had mistaken me for someone else.
I looked away confusedly.

The second time he smiled at me. I looked him in the eye for several seconds to be sure.
Yup, he IS smiling at me.
The first thought that crossed my mind, "Is he retarded or something?"

Yesterday, our paths crossed again.
He smiled and I reciprocated with my best smile though it's no where near his 100 megawatt.
And I thought,
"What is the world coming to, when we can't even accept a sincere smile without questioning the motive?"


I think I'm the retarded one.

No comments: