Thursday, December 16, 2010



This is so INSPIRATIONAL.
Taken from http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2010/12/jerry-shows-us-what-grit-and-spirit-is-and-he-is-4-years-old.html


****************************
4 year-old Jeremiah Liauw "Jerry" was born with spina bifida, a spinal defect which causes his lower body to be especially weak.
The Club Rainbow member's goal was to crawl his way to the finish line for the 750m Kids Dash event.

You can watch this video on Facebook.

Watching him finish what must have been a really tough 750m on his hands and knees in the hot sun was inspirational enough.

…Jerry wanted to crawl and refused to be carried when everyone was telling me to carry him coz for those of you who knows and are there, the weather was super duper hot and the ground was really radiating IMMENSE HEAT as it was approaching noon but Jerry kept diving for the ground.
If he could have it his way, he would not allow me to carry him at anytime at all. And a last note to share which may sound unbelieving to unbelievers, as I was changing Jerry yesterday, Jerry said, yes Jerry said, these are his exact words which took me aback too…
Jerry: "Actually when i saw the many people, I didn't want to crawl but God told me to crawl."
Me: "God told u to crawl?"
Jerry: "Yes. God told me to crawl."
Me: "Huh? What do you mean God told you to crawl?"
Jerry: "Yes, in my heart, I heard God's voice telling me to crawl."
Me: "Huh? you mean you heard God's voice?"
Jerry: "Yes. I heard God telling me to crawl."
Me: "Huh? What do you mean? How did you know it's God's voice?"
Jerry: "You will know it when He talks to you."
*****************************

No comments: